One of the highlights of the GCDCS events is the presentation of Canadian Data Centre Excellence Awards (CDCXA), which “celebrate excellence in the Canadian data centre/IT service delivery community.” Despite the absence of a crowded gala dinner, this celebration was especially important in GCDCS20, where we added a new category – COVID-19 Crisis Response – to bring much-warranted praise to the IT professionals who kept the virtual world functioning, even when the physical world was beset with challenges.
The video below includes descriptions of the actions taken by the five 2020 honourees: the British Columbia Institute of Technology and the University of British Columbia, Durham Region and the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services in the COVID-19 Crisis Response category, and Sun Life Financial in the ‘traditional’ CDCXA award category of Critical Environment Management Innovation. These actions are also summarized on the linked certificates below; we urge you to read through them, to join us in celebrating leadership in difficult times, and to reach out and congratulate peers for a job very well done. And if you believe that your organization’s accomplishments should also be celebrated, please let us know, so that we can include you in the CDCXA21 presentation!
- CDCXA20 Award for COVID-19 Crisis Response: British Columbia Institute of Technology
- CDCXA20 Award for COVID-19 Crisis Response: University of British Columbia
- CDCXA20 Award for COVID-19 Crisis Response: Region of Durham
- CDCXA20 Award for COVID-19 Crisis Response: Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, Data Centre Operations
- CDCXA20 Award for Critical Environment Management Innovation: Sun Life Financial