Continuing on from our enthusiastically-received ‘Summer Scan’ series, we are pleased to highlight sessions from the 2019 Great Canadian Data Centre Symposium (GCDCS19), delivered by InsightaaS and McMaster University’s Computing Infrastructure Research Centre (CIRC) on June 19th-20th, 2019 at McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton, Ontario.
In this post, we present the “The Software-Defined Future” main stage panel discussion from the symposium. The session description read, “In compute, networking, storage – potentially, even power! – software defined technologies are shaping IT and facilities strategies. What does a shift from an asset-based to a services-based infrastructure mean to your organization’s approach to capacity deployment?”
Session panelists included:
- Joe Belinsky, VP Technology Services, Moneris
- Charlie Ancheta, Senior IT Manager, Ontario Government
- Ronnie Scott, Data Centre and Cloud Architect, Cisco
- Dr. Rong Zheng, Associate Professor,Computing and Software, McMaster University
- Moderated by Michael O’Neil, Principal Architect, InsightaaS