On June 27th, NPD Group – supported by InsightaaS Principal Analyst Michael O’Neil, acting as a consultant to the global research firm – conducted a unique webinar detailing Canadian trends in the sale of security software through distribution.
The 30-minute Security, Velocity and the Channel: Unlayering the Canadian Channel Security Opportunity webinar, which is introduced by NPD Executive Director, IT Retail and B2B Ali Naqvi, is centred on a “5 in 15” segment in which O’Neil analyzes five issues arising from NPD’s Distributor Track research – a service that consolidates sales-out data from distributors that collectively account for 95% of sales through the channel, providing a uniquely detailed and reliable data source. The five issues include:
- Sales by security market segment: gateway and firewall, data loss prevention/endpoint protection, security incident and event management (SIEM), and identity and access management (IAM)
- Growth rates by destination channel (the channels that buy from distribution and sell to end users): small VARs, large VARs, direct marketers/national integrators, retail, internet service providers (ISPs), global consulting organizations, OEMs and ‘other’
- Pricing, presence and growth: analysis of security software sales by price band, over time and within each of the four security market segments
- Licensing trends – on-premise and cloud licensing for each of the four segments, and for the years April 1-2018-March 31, 2019, compared with the previous 12 months to illustrate growth rates
- The NPD Channel Velocity Matrix – a new model, developed by O’Neil, which plots 29 security vendors by size and growth, including relative market share and primary market focus to create a four-dimensional model of the Canadian security software supply community.
The webinar (audio and visual) is embedded below. For more information on the content or how to use NPD data to support software vendor or channel strategy, please contact O’Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org.