GCDCS19 established the Great Canadian Data Centre Symposium as the premier data centre event in Canada, and placed it firmly within the ranks of the most insightful events of its type anywhere in the world.
With more than 40 top-rated speakers – including enterprise and SP executives, innovative suppliers and industry experts like Peter Gross and Eugene Roman – 32 sponsors and community partners, and nearly 250 delegates, GCDCS19 brought the data centre industry’s foremost thought leaders together at McMaster Innovation Park in Hamilton. It’s impossible to capture two days full of insight, discussion and best practice discussion in three minutes – but this video helps to demonstrate the energy and interaction that makes GCDCS a ‘must go’ data centre destination.
The agenda for GCDCS20 (June 22nd-June 24th, 2020 – Hamilton, Ontario) is starting to take shape – and it will represent another leap forward for the franchise. GCDCS20 will retain the best elements of the previous events: extensive use of panels involving experts with diverse POVs (including the annual All-Star Plenary panel), keynote addresses – this year, from Eugene Roman and Dean Nelson – the Canadian Data Centre Excellence Awards, and extensive opportunities for peer discussions. And we are adding features that our delegates have been asking for, including:
- An ambitious DC Foresight research program that will involve Canadian industry professionals in co-creation of thought leadership positions, and which will provide opportunities for peer discussion via a series of pre-conference Meetups
- A move to a two-day format, to allow more time for deeper dives into the key topics on our agenda: power/cooling/density, sustainability, connectivity and networking, cloud/colo/hybrid, SDx and edge
- Introduction of a conference app that will enable delegates to schedule 1:1 meetings with peers
- A pre-conference ‘day zero’ in which delegates can be ‘on course’ – in workshops led by executives from the Canadian data centre industry, leading consultants and other thought leaders, or participate in the “GCDCS20 Open Golf Social” event
- Increased opportunity to connect with new perspectives and professionals via an expanded community partner outreach program
Particulars of the GCDCS20 agenda will be released starting in January, and continuing until the event’s launch on June 22nd. To claim a seat today, please follow this link.
See you in Hamilton next June!