- This event has passed.
Mo’Hacks Vancouver – Innovating for Men’s Health
Most known for its work raising funds and awareness in the fight against cancer, the Movember Foundation expanded its mission in 2012 to offer support for mental health issues and suicide prevention.
Since 2003, the Movember community has raised over $850 million dollars in 21 countries and funded more than 1,200 men’s health projects globally. Movember has become a game changer for men’s health. One moustache at a time. But there is still work to do.
Just as deadly as cancer, Movember is using the power of the moustache to fight the culture of silence around mental health issues and shine a light on the unacceptable rates of suicide among men.
Men’s Mental Health:
- The #1 leading health-related cause of death for men between the ages of 15-50 is suicide.
- Not car accidents. Not cancer. Not heart disease. Suicide.
- Furthermore, males represent 75% of all deaths by suicide.
- The brutal and honest truth is, men are dying too young. They are missing out on life, on family, on friendship.
But there is good news. Suicide is preventable. We can all do something about this serious issue.
Moustache or not, join us for a day to collaborate with industry leaders, men’s health experts and entrepreneurs. Together we will hack a solution that strengthens men’s mental fitness, and equips them to tackle life challenges; so that when the tough stuff happens, they know where to go and what actions to take, before they hit a crisis point.
We all have mental health. Let’s talk about it. Let’s hack it for men’s health.
- Event Categories:
- Hack Event, Social/Networking/Community
- RED ACADEMY
1490 WEST BROADWAY
VANCOUVER, BC + Google Map