Membership and Program Development (MPD) Committee – September 2017 Meeting
Co-Chairs: Susan Anderson (Orion Health) & Tyson Roffey (Hitachi Data Systems)
Scheduled meetings: September 14, 2017, October 26, 2017, December 07, 2017, January 18, 2018, March 1, 2018, April 12, 2018, May 24, 2018
We invite ITAC Members to participate and welcome any suggestions, topics and/or guest speakers ideas to add to the program. In recent discussions on innovation and procurement during the Toronto Health Innovation week, there was conversation about the tolerance within organizations to incorporate failure in order to identify and ensure success; this echoes sentiment by Elon Musk,
“Failure is an option. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough”.
Possible program topics for our Fall/Spring schedule:
- Member recommended topic(s)/speaker(s)
- Procurement Practices and Innovative Approaches
- Investments in Digital Health Innovation
- Steps to expand from pilot projects in Digital Health to sustained use across continuum
- Technology Partnerships that effectively span organization and jurisdictional boundaries
- Priorities, highlights by leads of ITAC/Health working groups for Advocacy, Interoperability and Standards, Regulatory Affairs Committees
- Governance and Privacy, especially in context of large data asset access
In addition, we will look for your input on what jurisdictional updates ITAC Health should look at organizing throughout the coming year.
Materials for the meetings will be sent out prior to the meeting dates, if you would like to find out more about ITAC Health’s MPD and/or would like to participate in the Committee please contactElaine Huesing .
To ensure the association provides increasing value to members by facilitating the involvement of ITAC Health members as vital stakeholders in the move to digital health care in Canada as well as increase their share of profitable HIT business worldwide.
- Grow the membership, by continuously adding membership value and providing valuable communication to Canada’s vendor community
- To provide ITAC Health members with information about and/or providing valuable opportunities for exporting
- Provide ITAC Health with contacts, suggestions and ideas for actively engaging members as key stakeholders and vital contributors in Canada and Internationally.
- Ensure that ITAC Health provides increasing value to members and is recognized as “the leading voice of the healthcare vendors in Canada” or “the national coalition of healthcare vendors in Canada”
Task Forces and Special Interest Groups
Procurement Task Force – Procurement Task Force Terms of Reference