- This event has passed.
Alberta Tech Series – Silicon Valley 101
2017-07-19 @ 4:45 pm - 9:00 pm$20.00
Silicon Valley is one of the most thriving technology hubs on the planet, but Alberta businesses wanting to tap into it don’t necessarily have to move there. They need to know how the Valley operates and how to access it for people, capital and customer connections.
Join us and hear from BEN NARASIN, General Partner, Canvas Ventures, MONA SABET, Principal Consultant, Tribal Ventures, MICHELE PERRAS, Head of Strategy and Marketing Development, Pivotal and INESSA OBENHUBER – CHILDS, Co-Founder, Future Food Centre.
4:45 p.m. Doors open, networking
5:15 p.m. Welcome by Alberta Enterprise Corporation and Startup Calgary
5:20 p.m. Introductions by Joanne Fedeyko, Connection Silicon Valley
5:30 p.m. Panel discussion featuring the following topics;
- What is the “Silicon Valley bar” that technology companies need to reach to get noticed?
- What technologies is Silicon Valley investing in and does it extend into Food & Ag, Healthtech, Cleantech others?
- What metrics are needed to raise capital and how is a team evaluated?
- What makes a startup or technology get noticed amongst the plethora of global startups flocking to the Valley?
6:15 p.m. Final comments, networking
7:00 p.m. Event concludes
4:45 pm - 9:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Social/Networking/Community, Startups, Tech Investing
- Glenbow Theatre
130 9 Ave SE
Calgary , AB T2G 0P3 + Google Map