- This event has passed.
2017 Guide to Legal & Business Risk Management in Cloud and SaaS Based Environments
2017-09-15 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$795.00
Outsourcing IT services, software and storage has become a core aspect of modern business, which has created new and often unforeseen sources of potential liability. As a legal advisor, in-house counsel or IT professional, you can’t afford to be left behind.
In one information-packed day, you will learn how to manage the legal and business risks that come with operating in cloud environments. You will leave this program with practical risk management strategies that can be put to immediate use.
- Legal vs. practical aspects of IP and data ownership
- The customer checklist- what you need to think through when choosing your cloud provider
- Privacy and security: what constitutes a reasonable compromise on behalf of the vendors and customers?
- Effectively managing the transfer of licenses, assets and employees
- Questions you must ask before signing a cloud computing agreement
- Implementation and Service Level Agreements: what needs to be included?
- The role of cyber insurance in managing privacy risk
- How to conduct effective due diligence on the SaaS provider
- When the cloud goes dark: what to do if your cloud company goes bankrupt or fails to perform
- Best practices for managing the outsourcing relationship
- Corporate governance issues when outsourcing- obligations of executives and Boards to satisfy regulatory compliance and ﬁduciary duties